They had a long, intense discussion, and long voting procedures, trying to elect a new commissioner because Bert Bell had passed away. And we were there for ten days. And the group that the Rams were a part of were supporting — a lot — the San Francisco 49er club attorney, Marshall Leahy, who was the attorney in San Francisco, a nice man. And they kept voting for him. And then there was a bloc of three or four other clubs who would vote for anyone but Leahy. And that went on for ten days and 24 ballots. And finally, we broke for lunch, and at the end of the lunch period, Dan Reeves and — I think — Wellington Mara of the Giants, and Paul Brown of the then-Cleveland Browns, came to me and said, “We’re going to put you up, you know, nominate you for the job, and be voting.” And I said, “I’d prefer not to.” It had been so messy for ten days, and I said that was so far off. And they said, “Why don’t you just sit and be quiet, and they’ll ask you to leave the room.” So we went back in session, and I was totally shocked, because they had considered political figures, and big names and so forth and they couldn’t get agreement, partially because of the bloc wanting Marshall Leahy. So they decided to get off Leahy and go get on someone else. And so they nominated me and asked me to leave the room. And suggested I might want to go into the men’s room or something, because the newspaper men — there weren’t many in those days, now there’d be hundreds — but there were about 20 maybe, and they were all around the lobby. So when I went out, I went into the men’s room, and just stayed. Told them where I’d be. When someone came in, I would be just washing my hands, and I’d keep doing that until they left, and then I’d stop washing my hands, and dry them, and sit and wait. That went on for — I forget how long, maybe 45 minutes or an hour. Then they came in, took me back, and told me I was Commissioner of the National Football League. So I can honestly say I took the job with clean hands.